Greater Bay Area Homeland Youth Community Foundation Limited (collectively, ‘The Foundation’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’) are committed to protecting privacy, and we shall ensure compliance with all applicable privacy law, including the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Email address and other personal data (including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, etc) collected by The Foundation through this website are to be provided voluntarily by you.
By using the website, you consent to the terms of this Policy.The Foundation’s policy is to respect and protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal data it collects, holds and processes by complying with the legal requirements with respect to the management of personal data. The Foundation is equally committed to requiring that all employees and agents uphold these obligations. The Foundation’s policy is to observe, to the extent reasonably practicable, the guiding principles set out in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance which may be summarised as:
|Collecting personal data fairly and lawfully and for a purpose which is lawful, necessary, adequate and not excessive;
|Keeping personal data accurate, up-to-date and keeping it for no longer than is necessary;
|Making sure that personal data is only used or transferred for the purpose for which it was collected;
|Keeping personal data secure against loss or misuse;
|Giving access to information about policies and practices in relation to personal data, the type of personal data being held and the purposes for which it will be used;
|Granting data subjects a right of access to and correction of their personal data.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information from users during their browsing of our websites. When users visit our websites, we record their visit only as a ‘hit’ and do not collect any personal data from them. Our service provider will, however, keep a record of your visit. This includes your domain name, server address, IP address, the types and configurations of browsers, language settings, geo-locations, operating systems, previous sites visited, and time/durations. We may also obtain information about your general Internet usage to help us improve the website by using ‘cookies’ which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Information gathered by using ‘cookies’ may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at the website, and the websites you visited immediately before and after the website. The service provider only discloses to us aggregate information about the number of visitors. We use such visitor data only for preparing statistics, website enhancement and optimisation purposes such as to determine the optimal screen resolutions, and which page has been visited most frequently etc.
Generally, we collect personal data in order to:
- understand users’ needs so as to provide better service;
- follow up on comments, requests and other messages that users submit to The Foundation through its website;
- facilitate market and promotional efforts by and on behalf of The Foundation during which suitable opt-out facilities will be provided.
Personal data collected by us will not be sold, provided or transferred out of The Foundation and its subsidiaries or associated and/or related companies and organisations except as provided hereinbelow or with your consent.
The Foundation reserves the right but undertakes no duty to review, edit or otherwise change this Policy at its sole discretion and without notice.
We will take appropriate measures to safeguard data security and maintain at all times reasonable and sufficient policies and procedures to procure that your personal data are secured and are not available for review, process, deletion or other usage without due authorization. However, given the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee security of data transmission over the internet. Accordingly despite our effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online product or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we use our best endeavours to ensure its security in our own systems.
RETENTION OF DATA
The personal data provided by you are retained for as long as the purposes for which such data were collected continue and not in violation of any applicable law. Once it is not necessary to use the personal data to fulfill such purposes, they are then destroyed within a reasonable time unless their retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect The Foundation’s interests.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
Greater Bay Area Homeland Youth Community Foundation Limited (collectively, ‘The Foundation’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’) in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong SAR, are committed to safeguarding your privacy on-line, and notifying you of certain matters when collecting information from you. This statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. By subscription and/or every time you visit this website to use our services, you agree to be bound by this statement at that time in force.
COLLECTION OF DATA
At the time of subscription and at other times when using this website, you may be asked to provide us with personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, telephone number, facsimile number and e-mail address. It is necessary for us to collect your information for providing you the various information, services and activities offered on this website. You are not obliged to supply the data here but in the event of failure to provide the information requested, we will not be able to provide you with the information, services and activities you requested.
PURPOSE AND USE OF DATA
The information we collected will be used for the following purposes:
- to monitor use of this website and to help its further development;
- to compile aggregate statistics about our users and to analyse site usage;
- to collect data for identity verification and records and to maintain contact lists for correspondence;
- to conduct researches and/or analyses from time to time for any purpose of The Foundation in connection with our business;
- to deliver information to you that we believe you may have interest in, such as targeted banners, new services and products and other promotions and marketing materials;
- to contact you regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of this website and to respond to your request;
- to access information provided by users in order to design or improve products, services or facilities to meet users’ need or fulfill their interest;
- to facilitate other purposes which are in line with or complement the mission of The Foundation; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations as may be necessary.
We may also use your information to match user information with third-party data (i.e. to compare two sets of personal data collected for different purposes). By subscribing to this website or by logging-in, you consent to carry out this matching procedure when we deem it is necessary in order to provide our services.
We intend to use your personal information collected by us for marketing and promotion of any products, services, facilities offered or provided by The Foundation or which we consider you may be interested in. We may not so use your personal information for direct marketing purpose unless we have received your consent (or your indication of no objection) to the intended use. If any user does not want us to use, or wishes to withdraw, his/her personal data for direct marketing or promotional purposes, please click here or inform us via the following channels:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request in writing and send to 16/F, 9 Des Voeux Road West, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
PROVISION AND TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information will not generally be disclosed, provided or transferred out of The Foundation to any other party in a form that would identify you except in the circumstances provided in our Personal Data (Privacy) Policy and the following circumstances:
- If we use third-party suppliers or service providers to facilitate our services, we will have to provide your information for these suppliers or service providers offering such services where you choose to use these services.
- We may also disclose or access your information for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, and/or provide or improve our services.
- In addition, your information may be accessed by, disclosed, provided or transferred to our business partners, persons or divisions within The Foundation (including but not limited to Greater Bay Area Homeland Youth Community Foundation Limited), professional advisers and associated or affiliated companies of The Foundation, agent, contractor or third party service provider which provides support service to The Foundation, and any other person to whom the Foundation is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Foundation, to the extent necessary for the aforementioned purposes.
As the parties mentioned above may have places of business outside Hong Kong, your information may be provided or transferred out of Hong Kong. By subscribing to our website or by logging-in, you agree to us providing or transferring your information to these parties outside Hong Kong. These parties adhere to their own privacy customs and policies and we may have no control over their use of your information. Therefore, subject to the applicable law, we are not liable to their use of your information.
ACCESS TO DATA
You have the right to request access to, or correction of, personal data about you held by us under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. If you need to check whether we hold your personal data or if you wish to have access to your personal data, or correct any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate, please write via e-mail to us at email@example.com or via mail to Room 16/F, 9 Des Voeux Road West, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, addressing to the Office Manager of Greater Bay Area Homeland Youth Community Foundation Limited, Greater Bay Area Homeland Youth Foundation Limited or Greater Bay Area Youth Foundation Limited in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance .
In case of discrepancies between the English version and Chinese version in respect of all or any part of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.